Wednesday, November 26

The weather is getting cold fast, and a freeze can but all the local fruit sellers out of business. Today, the temperature dropped almost below thirty. Luis and the rest of the Cruz's were having trouble keeping their grove alive, forcing Tino and Teresa to skip school and help. After school, I knew immediately where to go. Henry and I went to the Cruz's house, and worked all night to help keep the trees from freezing. It was tiresome, and I passed out sometime in the very early morning, and got really sick afterwards.
Another death struck those in Tangerine a few days after. Luis Cruz passed away, he was found lying dead in his grove. They noticed something wrong in his head, and believed he died of an aneurysm. I was shocked when I received these news, and I immediately wanted to help. Tino and Teresa were not at school again, but home with their family. I researched aneurysms, and found that they could have been inflicted a week before the person suffers any injuries.  The information hit me hard: Luis was killed by Arthur Bauer, when he struck him in the head with the blackjack. It damaged a blood vessel in his head, which clotted and finally burst, killing him. Erik and Arthur probably knew it all along.