Friday, August 15

Today was the day we moved. We got up early and made the nearly 15 hour drive from our home in Houston to a new place called Tangerine, Florida. We pulled up to a development called Lake Windsor Downs, and our new house was large and extremely nice. The first thing I unpacked was my little PC, and that is how I am typing this entry. I don't know how I feel about school starting, because I don't know anyone. Dad already has everything planned out for Erik, and is looking for ways for him to be a starting player on the Lake Windsor High football team. You see, my older brother Erik is an all-star placekicker. Erik's success is extremely important to my family. I don't think Erik is all that great though, he can be a pretty mean kid. I have some terrible memories of him teasing me, especially about my glasses. When I was five I looked at a solar eclipse, my eyes unprotected. The funny thing is that I don't remember any of this. My parents thought I would be blind. That didn't happen, but I do have to wear glasses so thick that it looks like I have bug eyes. I have some pretty horrible memories of Erik, of him doing some very bad things. But my parents don't believe me. They never do. I should probably get settled into my room now.