Thursday, September 18

  I started school at Lake Windsor Downs last week. Some very good, some very weird, and some terrible things have happened since then. I made the soccer team, but I can't play because of my handicap. My mom had to tell the school I was legally blind, (even though I can see just fine!) and now coach says I am not allowed to play. I made friends with a boy named Joey Costello, who also plays soccer. There are a lot of strange things that happen around here. One night, I saw smoke and smelled a fire. We called the fire department, and he said it was just something called a muck fire. The muck fire has been burning underground for as long as anyone can remember, and no one knows how to stop it. If you think that is ridiculous, wait until you hear this story: It was raining and thundering so badly today, and the field was extremely muddy. Our school has portables on the field. Suddenly, the mud was so thick that it formed a sinkhole, dragging an entire the portable down into it's muddy depths. It wrecked most of the middle school. We had a few options on where to go to school, and I chose to transfer to Tangerine Middle. We will see how that goes. 
  A terrible thing happened last week. In Tangerine, we have lightning storms during the high school football practice everyday. Joey's older brother, Mike, was leaning against the football goalpost when lightning struck. He was electrocuted to death. I want to help Joey, but I don't know how. Mike'ss funeral is this weekend.