Monday, November 17

    Yesterday Mom had to meet with Erik's academic advisor. Apparently his grades are slipping, and he must maintain a C average to remain on the football team. I decided to go with her, I had nothing better to do now that I cannot hang out with Tino and the rest of them. I was innocently sitting on the bleachers, watching Erik's football practice. It's funny that Erik seems popular, even thought the rest of the football team (besides Arthur), and even the team's star, Antoine Thomas, hate him. Then, I noticed someone I definitely recognized entering the field, and I immediately ducked beneath the bleachers. It was Luis Cruz. He came right up to Erik and Arthur, this was probably his plan to get revenge. It appeared that the rest of them team was in on it, too. I didn't catch all the words, but Erik and Arthur certainly did not seem threatened. Suddenly, Arthur pulled a sock stuffed with a heavy object out of the gym bag he always carried, with a sly grin on his face. "This is Arthur," Erik said. "He takes care of all my light work." It hit me then, what the weapon was. It was a blackjack, a deadly weapon. Arthur swung it at Luis, hitting him in the side of head. He stumbled, but did not fall. I am pretty sure he saw me before he jumped in his car and drove off. I was sickened at the wickedness of my brother and his friend.